Director of Nursing Hire Ahead
Brookdale Senior Living
Greater Syracuse Market
Are you looking for a an employer who you can grow your career with? Join Brookdale!!
* Brookdale's Hire Ahead program is a unique opportunity for an experienced nurse leader to learn Brookdale's policies and procedures through assignments at our senior living communities in the greater Syracuse market.
* We offer exceptional support and many resources to build your understanding of Brookdale's clinical responsibilities to our residents and patients and how we best support and encourage our associates.
* Brookdale ranked #1 in customer service, nationwide, for senior living and memory care services by J.D. Power & Associates.
To learn more, please contact Carolee at 302-290-7868. Or email email@example.com.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Registered Nurse ( RN ) licensure required for this position.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Participate in on-the-job training experiences for the Health and Wellness Director role, learn new skills about senior living, and be able to demonstrate increasing proficiency and expertise with managerial and clinical responsibilities within the Brookdale organization. The Brookdale Bench Program will prepare you to assume the Health & Wellness Director role at one of our communities including, but not limited to areas of people management, clinical management, quality care and regulatory oversight when you assume the role of a Health and Wellness Director.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN) and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Basic typing skills along with a working knowledge of personal computing and word processing software are required, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.