Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
The Senior Financial Analyst role is a key role within the Home Health FP&A group which partners with divisional and other corporate leaders to execute on critical operational strategies. This role will participate in analysis of company-wide trends, support operating divisions with accurate data and reports, and develop various initiatives to improve the efficiency of the FP&A function. Through excellent financial acumen, partnership with corporate leadership and teams, and strong interpersonal skills this role is a key contributor to the success of the company's operational results.
* Member of the Home Health FP&A function, which makes strategic operational decisions for the company.
* Collaborates with corporate and divisional leadership and other members of the Home Health FP&A team to deliver timely business solutions.
* Performs analysis on business drivers, trends, and risk/opportunities.
* Assists in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial results for the consolidated portfolio.
* Clearly presents complicated financial matters to executives and financial leaders.
* Participates in analysis of companywide trends to develop a consistent approach.
* Develops and maintains new insights and analytical tools to support FP&A and divisional teams.
* Participates in the development of various initiatives to improve financial standards, consistency, and access to information across the organization.
* Contributes to the annual budget cycle by preparing first drafts, and assisting in the tracking of achievement towards established budget goals.
* Assists in the preparation of quarterly forecasts and driving strategic financial decisions for maintaining progress toward targets.
* Conducts ROI analyses to ensure capital expenditures are being deployed in the most strategic way and with the highest returns.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from Four-year College or university preferred; minimum of three years of financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting related experience. Ideal candidate will have Home Health and/or healthcare experience. Requires advanced Excel capabilities, specialized knowledge of mass data manipulation, and at least basic database development skills. Experience with Essbase, Business Intelligence, Peoplesoft, and Clarity preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has a working knowledge of a functional discipline. Interpersonal skills are crucial, as this position will be working extensively with other departmental staff. Organizational skills are of high priority as well as the ability to manage large projects. Individual should possess advanced skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs, preferably in Microsoft Word/Excel.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.