Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Job Description - Provides strategy, support and vision to the Executive Director to achieve sales and occupancy goals through effective Business Development within specified hospital and healthcare focused accounts. Sets an example by organization, follow up and brainstorming ideas with marketing team to maintain occupancy goals throughout the Market Area. Represents the company as the leader in Senior Living to all referral sources. Keeps abreast of any competitor issues that would affect occupancy in the market. Generates referrals from key hospital accounts to Brookdale communities, particularly assigned Dementia Care community. Partners with Sales Manager to execute marketing plans and achieve community occupancy goals. Maintains and/or improves upon the occupancy level and revenue production of the community in accordance with marketing and business plans. This includes managing the sales/admission process and completing all activities required for an admission.
1.Supports Sales Manager with a positive attitude and professionalism. Builds effective relationships with prospects, residents and community leadership team. Partners with marketing teams on the development of action plans that will assist in maintaining occupancy goals throughout the marketing area.
2. Identifies, builds and develops an effective network of community and professional sources for potential resident referrals and establishes relationships that ensure continuing referral opportunities for the community. Minimum weekly goals include ten individual meetings with new potential referral sources, five “maintenance” meetings with existing referral sources, and sufficient follow-up to ensure minimum occupancy goals are met.
3. Communicates daily with communities to understand who has been discharged to a hospital so that immediate visits and contact with case managers can be made.
4 Visits local hospitals on a daily/weekly basis for community.
5. Communicates new leads to appropriate community with clinical documentation needed for admission.
6. Conducts presentations with hospital case managers, physicians, and other medical professionals as required.
7. Communicates upcoming weekly schedule to community operations and sales teams. Sets and adheres to weekly calls with Regional Sales and Sales Manager.
8. Provides internal sales back up and assistance for Sales Manager.
9. Coordinates with other staff to ensure easy move-in for new residents.
10. Coordinates and completes all activities needed for an admission by visiting the prospect’s home, health care providers, or other location to conduct initial assessments or sales presentations and ensuring that the required forms are completed prior to the move in.
11. Shares on-call and manager on duty responsibilities/shifts as required.
12. Participates in community functions including family socials and open houses. Communicates with community professionals.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN) and a minimum of 1-2 years related experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
LPN/LVN or RN license.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Basic typing skills along with a working knowledge of personal computing and word processing software are required, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.