Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Do you have a desire to make a real difference in someone’s life, and be a force for good in the world beyond “customer service”? Do you have a background or interest in social work, counselling, teaching, or health care, with a soft spot in your heart for helping senior citizens and their families? If so, we are looking for caring, empathetic, professional servant-leaders with emotional maturity, critical thinking skills, and the courage to guide families in their search for independent living, assisted living, specialized memory care, skilled nursing, and home health care services for their loved ones.
As a Senior Living Advisor, you will build a connection with families as you help them care for their aging loved ones by matching them with one or more of over 900 Brookdale communities nation-wide, and recommending that they take the next step to come and see how we enrich the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, excellence, and integrity.
If you want to work in an environment where what you do truly matters, and you are there for more than just a paycheck, you really should consider Brookdale. Our compensation and benefits are competitive and our team is made up of wonderfully bright and talented people who care for and support one another like family. Come join the industry leader in senior living! Come join Brookdale!
What you will do
• Assist families who are looking for help with senior housing or other home-based assistance.
• Identify the communities or other resources that are the best fit for a family’s needs and schedule appointments for them to visit and see for themselves.
• Persuade people to take action by visiting communities and learning about the options available to them that will improve their quality of life.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
• Must be a responsible, reliable, self-starter who will come to work every day and serve seniors and their families with passion
• Effective listening and communication skills, both verbally and in writing, are essential
• Must be coachable and willing to seek out and accept direction from your supervisor
• Deliver results and meet performance goals by driving move-ins for Brookdale communities
• Excellent computer skills and the ability to multi-task data lookup and entry while speaking on the phone
• 2+ years of experience in a service related field
• High school diploma (Higher education preferred)
Some of the Perks and Benefits:
• Starting wage of $16.00/hour plus up to $450 monthly bonus potential
• Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
• Educational reimbursement
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Paid time off
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Possesses an understanding of the aging process and needs of older adults across all product lines. Maintains an active, working knowledge of current competition and any new entrants. Ability to operate personal computers and related software. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic environment is required. Ability to present self and Community as an organization ready to meet the needs of the senior to maximize their quality of life by providing the highest quality of care and services. Ability to build trust and act honestly in relationships with others. Ability to assess and understand customers’ expectations, needs and circumstances. Ability to effectively listen and communicate verbally and in writing is essential. Must be a self-starter who excels in organizational and time-management skills and can work without close supervision.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.