MDS Coordinator, FT, Brookdale Westlake Hills
1034 Liberty Park Dr., Austin, TX 78746
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
Brookdale Westlake Hills is a premier Senior Living Community which offers Skilled Rehab Services. We have an opening for a dynamic MDS Coordinator that can work in a fast paced environment, and has a minimum of 1 year experience in the MDS role.
This is an opportunity to join the largest senior living solutions company in the nation, where you willl find opportunities for advancement. We offer competitive pay, awesome benefits, a flexible schedule and the support of a team that is dedicated to enriching the lives of seniors. We will be providing training for the Patient Driven Patient Model (PDPM).
• Conduct and coordinate the development and completion of resident MDS assessments, in accordance with the requirements of State, Federal and Company guidelines
• Develop, implement, and maintain resident care plans
• Maintain PPS and OBRA MDS schedules
• Develop and participate in the planning, conducting, and scheduling of timely in-service training classes that include assessment skills or techniques needed to complete the assessment and MDS functions of the community
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Required skills and qualifications:
• Current RN or LVN license in Texas, required
• 1 year of MDS experience, required
• Experience with managing PPS and OBRA schedules
• Must be knowledgeable of general, rehabilitative and restorative nursing and medical practices, procedures, regulations and guidelines governing long-term care
• Flexibility with schedule to complete the RAI process
If you are a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.