Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Receives, analyzes, and approves all Capital budget requests. Provides administrative support to the Asset Management Department as needed.
1. Reviews all capital requests for required information (forms, authorizations, bids, proposals, invoices, pictures, certificates of insurance, lien waivers, etc.), and obtains missing information as needed.
2. Reviews, approves and provides quality assurance for all capital requisitions and invoices.
3. Provides input and participates in department meetings.
4. Provides exemplary customer service by responding to vendor and community inquiries in a timely professional manner.
5. Prepares status reports for the Asset Management Department.
6. Works with the Procurement, Fixed Assets and Accounts Payable departments to ensure the capital process allows for best practices.
7. Participate in weekly Divisional meetings/calls.
8. Provides training as needed to the community/field teams on PCR, Lender requirements.
9. Maintains Asset Management database of Master Community Files.
10. Manages project database for project insurance documents, warranties, and AIA documents
11. Provides additional administrative support and customer service to the Regional Asset Management teams as needed.
12. Other duties as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Minimum of Associates Degree or 4 years related experience in accounting, finance or capital procurement required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines. Problems are generally solved with clear direction or by working with supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a strong customer service skill set. Has a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel. Has a working knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials or other ERP Financial Software Package. Has effective written and oral communication and human relation skills. Ability to communicate professionally before groups of customers, associates or executives of organization. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with multiple tasks at once, involving several variables. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic environment. Ability to work within a team environment, with frequent changing priorities.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.