Do you have a heart for people and enjoy serving the senior community? If so, become a Brookdale LPN Wellness Nurse. Our senior residents are looking for trusted companions and friends who bring a passion for helping others. Here at our assisted living communities, our Wellness Nurses share and receive smiles by providing personalized health care.
Have a passion for food and serving seniors? Then being a cook at Brookdale is for you! As a cook, you will nourish our residents’ bodies and spirits with homestyle meals, just like family. Here you will have work-life balance with defined schedules and menus and be a valued member of the team. You are not just cooking, you are enriching lives. Become part of our family, grow your skills and career, and have the satisfaction of helping make seniors’ lives brighter every day.
Have a passion for helping people? Whether you are starting your career or a seasoned caregiver, such as an RN or CNA, or you simply have the heart for helping people, then Brookdale’s caregiver job is for you. Our seniors are looking for trusted companions and friends who bring a passion for helping others. Our caregivers share warm smiles while helping seniors enjoy their daily routines and live life to the fullest. Become part of our family, grow your skills and career, and have the satisfaction of helping make seniors’ lives brighter every day.
Responsible for maintaining high quality standards of kitchen operation, including assisting with all food preparation and plating of food.
- Prepares meals from standardized recipes in accordance with the menu and ensures proper preparation, portioning, and serving of foods in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Assumes responsibility for total kitchen operations and handles all situations in the kitchen according to policy. Oversees proper food handling and utilization of all foods to prevent contamination, increase quality, and reduce cost.
- Sets up food service line and workstations with needed condiments and ensures all required condiments and garnishes are prepared and served with appropriate foods.
- Assists in coordinating prep for the following day’s menu.
- Assists in training new kitchen employees.
- Assists in ordering food and kitchen supplies.
- Assists in creating menus.
- Assists in execution of special events and functions.
- Fills in for the Sous Chef when absent and may be required to supervise other staff positions.
- Responds to community issues or concerns that may occur in the dining room.
- Keeps stock rooms, coolers, and freezers clean. Ensures that food supplies are rotated and all perishables are labeled, dated and stored properly.
- Maintains kitchen cleanliness and proper food preparation according to state and local health department code requirements and departmental procedures.
- Keeps food waste to a minimum by utilizing food storage and food recycling techniques.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Start your culinary career as a dining room server at Brookdale! Unlike the hustle and bustle of standard restaurants, our waiters and waitresses deliver meals to seniors and guests on a defined schedule while providing high quality, first-class customer service. At Brookdale, our servers enrich residents’ lives every day with a great dining experience. Become part of our family, grow your skills and career, and have the satisfaction of helping make seniors’ lives brighter every day.
As a Brookdale housekeeper, you will keep all community public spaces, activity and dining rooms, and resident apartments clean. This important role ensures our communities are presented in a positive manner, and help make it a great place to live. Housekeepers interact with residents and guests in a friendly and courteous manner, and provide help, as needed, throughout the community. Become part of our family, grow your skills and career, and have the satisfaction of helping make seniors’ lives brighter every day.